- Verify credentials are correct
- Verify your Smart Tools account has the correct permissions
- Verify the Delivery Controller can be reached
- Verify the Delivery Controller can reach Smart Tools
- Verify the Delivery Controller can run PowerShell scripts
- Need more help?
This topic provides troubleshooting tips for issues that might be encountered when adding a XenApp and XenDesktop Site to Smart Check or Smart Scale.
Verify credentials are correct
When adding a Site to Smart Check or Smart Scale, Smart Tools prompts you for account credentials for installing the Smart Tools Site Agent and onboarding the Site. The account credentials you specify must meet the following requirements:
- The account credentials are entered in domain\username format.
- The account credentials have the appropriate permissions. The following table lists the minimum required permissions:
Smart Check Smart Scale Citrix administrator role Full Administrator Delivery Group Administrator Active Directory group Domain Users Domain Users
To view the Citrix administrator role delegated to the account, launch Studio, click Configuration > Administrators from the navigation pane, and then click the Administrators tab in the upper middle pane.
For more information:
Verify your Smart Tools account has the correct permissions
To add a Site, the Citrix Cloud account that you use to access Smart Tools must have the Administrator role assigned to it in Smart Tools. By default, all Citrix Cloud users with Smart Tools access are assigned the Administrator role.
To view the Smart Tools role for your user account, click Resources & Settings > Users.
Verify the Delivery Controller can be reached
For Smart Check to communicate with your Site, the Delivery Controller must meet the following requirements:
- The Delivery Controller is powered on.
- The Delivery Controller is configured to allow outbound communication on port 443 (HTTPS).
- The Smart Tools Site Agent is installed and running on the Delivery Controller.
- The Studio console is accessible on the Delivery Controller.
To verify the Smart Tools Site Agent is running, launch the Services console (services.msc) and locate the Smart Tools Agent Service. Verify the Status is Started and the Startup Type is Automatic.
To verify the Studio console is accessible on the Delivery Controller, launch Studio and check that it displays all the Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups in your Site. Studio should launch smoothly and display no errors.
Verify the Delivery Controller can reach Smart Tools
- On the Delivery Controller hosting the Smart Tools Site Agent, open a web browser and enter https://smart.cloud.com in the address bar.
- When prompted, enter your Citrix Cloud username and password and click Sign In.
- If applicable, select a customer account. The Smart Tools home page displays.
Verify the Delivery Controller can run PowerShell scripts
- Log on to the Delivery Controller using the same credentials you used to add the Site to Smart Check.
- Launch an instance of Windows PowerShell (powershell.exe).
- Enter the following PowerShell commands:
- Add-PSSnapin -Name Citrix.* -ErrorAction Stop
The commands load all Citrix PowerShell modules and return the Site instance. Confirm these commands complete successfully with the expected results.
Need more help?
If you've tried these troubleshooting tips and your Site continues to experience an issue, contact Citrix Support for assistance.