- View Site details
- Edit a site credentials
- Remove a Site
- Configure estimated savings for AWS instances
View Site details
You can view additional details about the Delivery Groups in your Site. To do this, from the Smart Scale page, locate the Site you want to manage and click View Site.
Smart Tools displays monitoring, event information, and power status for the machines in each Delivery Group of your Site. Select one of the following tabs:
- Monitoring: Displays sessions in use, number of machines powered on, number of machines in maintenance mode, and load index. By default, data is displayed for the previous four hours. You can show data up to the previous 30 days.
- Events: Displays the success or failure of executing scheduled items, powering machines on or off, and entering maintenance mode.
- Machine Activity: Displays the power status (on or off) of machines in the Delivery Group.
- Site Details: Displays the Delivery Controllers and Delivery Groups in your Site and the Site Agent status for each Delivery Group. You can also update the Full Administrator credentials for the Site, synchronize your Site's data with Smart Tools, and remove the Site from the Smart Scale page.
To refresh the current data displayed on each tab, use one of the following methods:
- Click the menu button, next to Configure, and then select Sync Site data.
- From the Site Details page, click Sync Site Data.
Edit Site credentials
Your Site credentials are the Citrix administrator credentials that Smart Tools uses to impersonate the Site administrator and execute monitoring and scaling actions. You might need to edit your Site credentials if your Site did not register successfully when you added it to Smart Tools, if you used a Smart Tools blueprint to deploy your Site, or if the account credentials were changed in Citrix Studio.
- From the Smart Scale page, locate the Site you want to modify and click View details or View Site.
- Click the Site Details tab and then click Edit Site Credentials.
- On the Edit Site page, enter the username (in domain\username format) and password of the Citrix administrator account you want to use.
- Click Done to save your changes.
Remove a Site
You can remove a Site using the following methods:
- Remove the Site from Smart Tools (preferred). This method effectively unregisters the Site from Smart Tools. The Site no longer appears on the Smart Scale page and Smart Tools no longer monitors the Site or carries out scaling actions. If you deployed your Site using a Smart Tools blueprint, Smart Tools stops any monitoring, alerts, or operational blueprint tasks that were configured when the blueprint was deployed.
- Remove the Site from the Smart Scale page. This method removes the Site from view on the Smart Scale and Smart Check pages. Smart Tools stops all monitoring and scaling actions in progress. However, the Smart Tools Site Agent remains on all machines on which it was installed. If you deployed your Site using a Smart Tools blueprint, any monitoring, alerts, or operational blueprint tasks that were configured remain intact.
To remove a Site from Smart Tools (preferred)
- Disable any scheduled actions or capacity management triggers for the Site. To do this, click Smart Scale and then select the Site you want to modify. If applicable, delete any schedules and clear any capacity management configurations for the Site.
- Uninstall the Smart Tools Site Agent from all Delivery Controllers in the Site. When all Site Agents are removed, Smart Tools removes the Site from the Smart Scale page.
To remove a Site from view
- From the Smart Scale page, locate the Site you want to remove and click View Site.
- Click Site Details and then click Remove Site. A message appears, prompting you to confirm removal.
- Click Remove. Smart Tools removes the Site from the Smart Scale page.
Configure estimated savings for AWS instances
If your XenApp and XenDesktop Site consists of machines deployed on AWS, Smart Scale can estimate the amount you save in instance costs based on the per-instance cost and the utilization history of the Site.
- On the Smart Scale page, select the Site you want to manage and click View Details. The Site details page appears.
- Click Configure. The Smart Scale Configuration page appears.
- Under Monitoring, enter the hourly price in US dollars for each instance in your Site. Click Done.