A resource location is a set of resources, either on-premise or in the cloud, where you deploy blueprints. Before you deploy blueprints to your Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, you must first add it to Smart Tools as a resource location.
For more information about requirements for using AWS with Smart Tools, see Resource location requirements.
Before you can add an AWS resource location to Smart Tools, ensure you have the following items:
- An AWS account. If you don't have one, you can sign up at the AWS web site (http://aws.amazon.com).
- Access keys. Access keys are security credentials that allow Smart Tools to provision machines to your AWS account on your behalf. As a security best practice, Citrix recommends you use the access keys that are associated with a specific IAM user of your AWS account. To ensure Smart Tools can access your AWS account, this user must belong to a group that has the following policies attached:
For more information about access keys and IAM users, see "Managing Access Keys for IAM Users" on the Amazon Web Services documentation web site.
To add an AWS resource location
- From the home page, click Resource Locations & Settings.
- On the Resource Locations page, click Add Resource Location.
- Select the Amazon Web Services resource location type and click Next.
- On the Amazon EC2 setup page, enter the following details:
- Name. The friendly name that appears in the list on the Resource Locations page.
- Access Key ID. The username that uniquely identifies you as an AWS account owner, represented in an alphanumeric string format.
- Secret Access Key. A string of characters associated with the Access Key ID that Amazon Web Services uses to validate your request to connect your AWS account with Smart Tools.
Note: Citrix recommends you save your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key in a safe place. After Smart Tools verifies your AWS access credentials, your AWS resource location is added to your Smart Tools account. If Smart Tools cannot verify your AWS access credentials, an error message appears.
The AWS environment you added appears in the list on the Resource Locations page.