- Step 1: Select the blueprint
- Step 2: Name the deployment
- Step 3: Select the resource location
- Step 4: Review deployment requirements
- Step 5: Select machines for deployment
- Step 6: Enter deployment parameters
- Step 7: Create a deployment profile
- Step 8: Deploy the blueprint
This topic describes how to deploy a Smart Tools blueprint to a resource location running Citrix CloudPlatform.
Important: This topic applies only to existing CloudPlatform resource locations. Smart Tools no longer supports adding new CloudPlatform resource locations. For more information, see Resource location requirements.
Step 1: Select the blueprint
- On the Library page, point to the blueprint you want to deploy.
- Under Actions, click Actions > Deploy. The blueprint description page appears.
- Click Start deployment setup. The Profile page appears.
Step 2: Name the deployment
- In Deployment name, enter a friendly name for your deployment.
- In Deployment profile, select an existing deployment profile with the deployment settings you want to use.
Note: Deployment profiles are settings that are saved from a previous blueprint deployment. The deployment profile you select must match the blueprint you are deploying and the resource location you want to use. For information about using deployment profiles, see About deployment profiles.
- Click Next. The Resource Location page appears.
Step 3: Select the resource location
- In Resource Location, select the Citrix CloudPlatform resource location where you want to deploy the blueprint.
- Click Next. The Pre-deployment Checklist appears.
Step 4: Review deployment requirements
The Pre-deployment Checklist displays recommendations for provisioned VMs, VM template requirements, and deployment parameters for your blueprint based on the resource location you previously selected. To save time configuring your deployment, you can download the deployment parameters, enter the appropriate values, and import the updated parameters later in the deployment process (see section Step 6: Enter deployment parameters in this topic).
- Review each section of the Pre-deployment Checklist to verify your VM templates and resource location meet the stated requirements.
- (Optional) Click Export parameter list to download the deployment parameters in CSV format. Enter the appropriate values using a text editor or spreadsheet application. You can import these parameters on the Configuration page of the deployment process.
- Click Continue.
Step 5: Select machines for deployment
When you deploy the blueprint, Smart Tools can provision new VMs in your resource location or use existing machines that you specify for each machine tier in the blueprint. By default, the Create new VMs option is selected.
To create new VMs during deployment
- Ensure Create new VMs is selected.
- Select the Citrix CloudPlatform resource location from the list. The Configure VM dialog box appears.
- On the Choose Zone page, Select the appropriate zone where the machine instance will run and click Next.
- On the Choose A Template page, select a template from the listed templates. You can choose images from the Featured panel, choose your own previously saved custom images in the My Templates panel, or choose from thousands of community-submitted images in the Community panel.
- On the Instance Details page, configure the instance and then click Next:
- VM Name: Specify a friendly name.
- Suffix start: Specify the number at which Smart Tools will start numbering instances when they are provisioned. If the specified number already exists in your resource location, Smart Tools will use the next number in sequence.
- Service Offerings: Select a service offering (i.e., a CPU and Memory combination) to define your virtual machine's capacity.
- Network: Select a network.
- Keypair: Select a keypair.
- Disk Offerings: select a disk size to set the size of the storage disk for the instance.
To use existing machines
- Select Use existing machines.
- Select a machine from the list. After you select a machine, Smart Tools displays the IP address.
- Click Next. The Configuration page appears.
Step 6: Enter deployment parameters
- For each section of the blueprint, enter the appropriate parameters that Smart Tools will use to deploy the blueprint.
- (Optional) If you downloaded the deployment parameters from the Pre-deployment Checklist in Step 4: Review deployment requirements," under Import parameters, click Choose File to upload the updated parameters in CSV format.
- Click Next.
Step 7: Create a deployment profile
Deployment profiles enable you to reuse your current deployment settings in the event you want to deploy the blueprint again to the same resource location. Using a deployment profile, you skip several steps in the deployment process, saving time and minimizing input errors. Creating a deployment profile is optional.
- Enter a friendly name for the profile.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Save. If you do not want to create a profile, click Cancel.
Step 8: Deploy the blueprint
- Review the deployment summary.
- Click Deploy.
After the deployment begins, Smart Tools displays the status of the deployment in the Deployment Details page. The Deployment Details page includes the real-time progress of each step in your blueprint. Depending on machine availability and the complexity of the blueprint, the deployment might take some time to complete, and some blueprint steps might take longer than others.