- About the Blueprint Catalog
- About the Library
- Add a blueprint to your library
- Update a blueprint to a newer version
About the Blueprint Catalog
Smart Tools stores blueprints in the Blueprint Catalog where they are available to all Smart Tools users. To view the catalog, click Blueprint Catalog from the menu bar.
The Blueprint Catalog contains blueprints in the following categories:
- Solutions: Contains blueprints provided by Citrix for creating proof-of-concept or production deployments of Citrix products.
- Components: Contains blueprints provided by Citrix for deploying additional components that complement or enhance a Solutions blueprint.
- Partners: Contains blueprints provided by Citrix partners.
- Community: Contains blueprints created by Smart Tools users.
Before you can deploy a blueprint in the catalog to your resource location, you must add the blueprint to your library.
About the Library
To view your library, click Smart Build from the Smart Tools menu bar.
Your library is your personal space for storing blueprints and scripts that you create, add from a catalog, or that other users share with you. From the library, you can point to a blueprint and, using the Actions button, perform the following actions:
- Deploy a selected blueprint
- View blueprint properties
- Edit a blueprint
- Clone a blueprint
- Share a blueprint with other account users
- Delete the blueprint from your library
Your library is attached to your Smart Tools account. Therefore, if you are a member of one Smart Tools account, you have only one library. However, if you have access to multiple Smart Tools accounts, you have a separate library for each account.
Navigate your library
Use the following filters in the Library page to view and manage your scripts and blueprints:
- All: Lists all the items in your library.
- Owned by me: Lists the items that you own. By default, you own the scripts and blueprints that you create.
- Shared with me: Lists the items that other users share with you.
- Added from Catalog: Lists blueprints that you add from the Blueprint Catalog.
- Object Types: Using the Script and Blueprint filters, displays only items of the selected type.
- Tags: Lists items that include the selected tags in their metadata.
Add a blueprint to your library
- From the menu bar, click Blueprint Catalog.
- Point to the blueprint you want to add and then click Add to Library. The newly added blueprint appears on the Library page.
- To view the blueprint in your library, click Smart Build from the menu bar. The Library page appears.
Update a blueprint to a newer version
When a new version of a blueprint in your Library is available, Smart Tools displays an indicator so you can update your existing blueprint to the new version. You can see this indicator in the following places:
- In the Blueprint Catalog: The blueprint's entry in the catalog displays the "Updated" indicator and provides an "Update" link. Clicking the link takes you to the blueprint's information page where you can update your existing blueprint.
- In your Library: The blueprint's entry in your Library displays an "Update available" indicator. You can then locate the blueprint in the catalog to update your existing blueprint.
- In the Blueprint Designer: When you view or edit the blueprint, the Blueprint Designer displays an "Update available in catalog" link on the Overview tab. Clicking the link takes you to the blueprint's information page in the catalog you can update your existing blueprint.
Important: Updating a blueprint in your library does not affect any existing deployments of that blueprint. To apply an updated blueprint to a deployment, you must create a new deployment from the updated blueprint.