Before you launch custom Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) which are based on the Windows platform on Amazon EC2, ensure the following settings are configured on the image:
- Open the file: C:\Program Files\Amazon\Ec2ConfigService\Settings\config.xml
- Search for the following elements:
- Ensure that the State element for this plugin is set to Enabled:
- Snapshot the instance and image it to update the AMI.
Note: Do not reboot the instance after making the configuration changes. Rebooting the instance will reset the State element to Disabled.
- Ensure that public DNS is resolved. The following domains must be accessible: