This page has moved to docs.citrix.com. You can now find all Smart Tools documentation at the Citrix Product Documentation site. Please update any page links to the new URL: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/smart-tools/deploy-blueprints/prepare-windows-based-custom-ami.html.
For most blueprints, Citrix recommends using the preconfigured Windows Amazon machine images (AMIs) that Amazon provides. If you want to use custom AMIs with Smart Tools blueprints, you need to ensure the image is configured appropriately.
- On the AMI instance, open the file C:\Program Files\Amazon\Ec2ConfigService\Settings\config.xml
- Locate the following elements:
- Ensure that the State element for this plugin is set to Enabled:
- Create a snapshot of the instance.
- Use the snapshot to create an image you can use to update the AMI.
Note: Do not reboot the instance after making the configuration changes. Rebooting the instance will reset the State element to Disabled.
- Ensure that public DNS is resolved. The following domains must be accessible: