You can add and remove users from your Smart Tools account using the Identity and Access Management menu in Citrix Cloud.
To add a user to your Smart Tools account, you must first invite the user to your Citrix Cloud account. After the user joins your account, the user appears in your Smart Tools account as an Administrator user. You can then modify the user's role as appropriate in Smart Tools. For more information about user roles in Smart Tools, see User roles and permissions.
Multiple Smart Tools accounts
Users can be members of multiple accounts in Citrix Cloud and Smart Tools. The default user role in Citrix Cloud is Administrator; however, users can have different roles under each Smart Tools account. For example, a user might have an Architect role when he or she accesses Account A and an Operator role when accessing Account B. To be a member of multiple Smart Tools accounts, a user must be invited to join each Citrix Cloud account.
When accessing Smart Tools through Citrix Cloud, users are prompted to select the account they want to use. This ensures that users have the correct role permissions for the Smart Tools account they are accessing. Neither Citrix Cloud nor Smart Tools support logging on concurrently to multiple accounts.
To add a new user
- From the Citrix Cloud menu bar, click the menu button in the upper-left corner of the page and click Identity and Access Management.
- Click Administrators.
- Type the name and email address of the user you want to invite to Citrix Cloud and then click Invite.
After you invite the user, Citrix Cloud sends an invitation email prompting the user to confirm the invitation and join your account. If the user does not have a Citrix account, he or she is prompted to create one as part of joining your Cloud account.
Note: The invited user will not appear as a Smart Tools account user until he or she joins your Citrix Cloud account.
Modify an existing user's role
- From the Smart Tools menu bar, click Resources & Settings.
- Under User Settings, click Users.
- Point to the user you want to modify and, under Actions, click Edit.
- In Role, select the permission level you want to assign to the user. You can select Admin, Architect, or Operator roles.
- Click Save.
Note: The user's role in Smart Tools is applicable to Smart Tools only. Modifying the role does not affect the user's role in Citrix Cloud or for any other service.
To remove users from your Smart Tools account, you delete them through Citrix Cloud's Identity and Access Management menu. When you delete a user, the user is removed from your Smart Tools account and any blueprints or scripts that the user owns are transferred to the account's Administrator user.
To delete an existing user
- From the Citrix Cloud console, click the menu button in the upper-left corner of the page and click Identity and Access Management.
- Click Administrators.
- Locate the user you want to delete and click the trash can icon.
- When prompted, click Delete.