- To log on to Citrix Smart Tools
- Navigate Smart Tools
- View your account information
- Enable or disable email notifications
- Return to Citrix Cloud
Citrix Smart Tools is a part of the Citrix Cloud suite of services. To access Smart Tools, you must have one of the following items:
- A Citrix Cloud account using either your Citrix ID or contact details that you provide.
- The sign in URL assigned to your company when access to Citrix Cloud was purchased. If you don't have this URL, contact your company's administrator for assistance.
To create a Citrix Cloud account, you can use one of the following methods:
- Use your Citrix ID. If you are an existing Citrix customer, you can use your Citrix login ID and password to create a Citrix Cloud account.
Important: You also use your Citrix login ID to contribute to the Smart Tools support forum. If you don't have a Citrix login ID, Citrix recommends creating a customer account so you only provide your account details once to access the Citrix Cloud and Smart Tools support forum. You can create a Citrix customer account at https://www.citrix.com/welcome/create-account.html.
- Provide your contact information. If you don't have a Citrix login ID, you can create a Citrix Cloud account by supplying your name, address, and email address. When you log on to Citrix Cloud, you will use your email address and a password you select when you confirm your account.
To create a Citrix Cloud account
- In the address bar of your browser, type https://citrix.cloud.com. The Citrix Cloud login page appears.
- Click Sign Up and Try It Free. The Sign Up page appears.
- If you are an existing Citrix customer, perform the following actions:
- Enter your Citrix login ID and password and then click Continue.
- When prompted, enter your company name and click Sign Up. The Congratulations page appears.
- Click Sign In to return to the Citrix Cloud login page.
- If you don't have a Citrix.com account, perform the following actions:
- Click I don't have a Citrix.com account. The Sign Up form appears.
- Enter your email address, name, and address in the fields provided. Click Continue. The Confirm Your Account page appears. Additionally, Citrix sends you an email requesting you confirm your email address. If you do not receive the email after several minutes, click Resend Email.
- In the Complete Your Account Setup email, click the Confirm Your Account link. In your web browser, the Finish Creating Your Account page appears.
- Enter and retype the password you want to use for Citrix Cloud and then click Create Account. The Congratulations page appears.
- Click Sign In to return the Citrix Cloud login page.
To log on to Citrix Smart Tools
- Using your web browser, go to https://citrix.cloud.com and log on using one of the following methods:
- Enter your Citrix Cloud credentials and click Sign In. If you used your Citrix ID to create your Citrix Cloud account, use the same user name and password that is associated with your GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar account. If you used your contact details to create a Citrix Cloud account, use the email address and password you selected when you confirmed your account.
- If you know your company's sign in URL, click Sign in with my company credentials, enter the URL and click Continue.
- If you are new to Smart Tools and want to try it out, click Request Trial. It might take several minutes to approve your request. When your trial request is approved, the button changes to Manage and you can proceed to Smart Tools.
- If you are an existing Smart Tools user, click Manage.
After you log on, the Smart Tools home page appears.
Navigate Smart Tools
After you log on, the Smart Tools Overview page appears, displaying a general description of what you can do with Smart Tools. You can also watch a short video that describes the service.
You can access the following areas of Smart Tools:
- Resources & Settings: This section lists your existing resource locations, provides access to your user account information, and enables you to view and modify user accounts.
- Blueprint Catalog: This page displays all the published blueprints that you can use in your account.
- Smart Build: This section includes your private space to create, modify, and store blueprints and scripts. From here, you can also deploy blueprints and scripts and share them with other users.
- Manage: This section includes a list of all the deployments created in your account, grouped by activity. From here, you can view deployment details and perform other management tasks such as configuring alerts, scaling, and tearing down a deployment.
- Smart Migrate: This section helps you migrate application and policy settings from your XenApp 6.x farm or VDI-in-a-Box 5.4 grid to a XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x Site. From here, you can set up a migration project, select the application and policy settings you want to migrate, and create batch files for migrating those settings to your new site.
- Smart Check: This section helps you perform health checks on your XenApp and XenDesktop Site and learn about potential issues affecting your Site before they impact your users. From here, you can add your Site, schedule and run health checks, and view issues and applicable updates. Smart Check also provides additional information about potential causes and fixes, as well as links to other Citrix resources.
- Smart Scale: This section helps you control Site costs by scaling your Delivery Groups up or down based on schedules your define or based on user demand for sessions. From here, you can add your Site, create schedules, define parameters for load-based scaling, and monitor usage and costs.
- Getting Started with Smart Tools: Click Help > Getting Started to download a visual quick-start guide for creating your very first deployment with Smart Tools. Using the guide, you will learn how to set up a resource location on Amazon Web Services and deploy a XenDesktop proof-of-concept using a Citrix-provided blueprint.
- Smart Tools Documentation: Click Help > Documentation to access the Smart Tools Product Documentation site at any time. To find information quickly, use keywords to search for the topics you need.
View your account information
You can view your Smart Tools user account information in the following locations:
- From the menu bar at the top of each page. Click your user name displayed at the far right side of the screen to view your Citrix Cloud customer account settings, log on to a different customer account, log out of Smart Tools, or view the Organization ID associated with your customer account.
- My Profile page. The My Profile page includes all your account details including your registered email address, API access keys, assigned user role and email notifications management.
If you have access to Smart Tools under multiple customer accounts, you can view your user information only for the account under which you are currently logged in. Additionally, your user information may be different for each account. For example, your API codes will be unique to each account.
To view the My Profile page
- From the menu bar, click Resources & Settings.
- Under User Settings, click My Profile.
Enable or disable email notifications
You can enable or disable email notifications on server registration and blueprint or script deployment statuses. The email notifications are enabled by default.
To enable or disable all email notifications, on the My Profile page, under Email Notifications, select or clear Send me notifications. To enable or disable specific notifications, click the appropriate toggle button.
Return to Citrix Cloud
To return to Citrix Cloud at any time from Smart Tools, click the Citrix Cloud logo at the top left of the screen and select Home or Workspaces.