About Citrix Cloud
Citrix Cloud provides a catalog of workspace and infrastructure services to support a new approach for service delivery management. Citrix Cloud is a platform to automate design and delivery of desktops, apps, and data as services that can be deployed onto public or private clouds, on-premises or within a hybrid infrastructure.
Citrix Cloud provides the following services:
- Smart Tools: Design, deploy, and manage all your automation services. Automate deployment of Citrix products onto any hypervisor or private or public cloud. Incorporate best practices. Monitor, scale, heal, and tear down deployments.
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service: Deliver virtual apps and desktops to users on any device, anywhere. Customize offerings based on the security, performance, and mobility needs of different types of users. Users enjoy a high-definition experience even in low-bandwidth, high-latency connections.
- Secure Browser Service: Deliver secure access to web and SaaS apps in any browser, with no endpoint configuration.
- XenMobile Service: Use a corporate device or bring your own without compromising security.
Delivers mobile device management (MDM), mobile applications management (MAM) and enterprise-grade productivity apps (Worx apps) in one comprehensive solution.
- Sharefile: Cater to the mobility needs of users and the data security requirements of the enterprise. Enhance productivity by enabling users to access, sync, and securely share files from any device with people inside or outside of your organization.
See the Citrix Cloud Product Overview page for more information.
About Citrix Smart Tools
Citrix Smart Tools is a service available as part of Citrix Cloud, a multi-service delivery platform. Citrix Smart Tools enables enterprises and cloud service providers to deploy and manage Citrix applications on hypervisors and public and private cloud platforms. Citrix Smart Tools is comprised of a core platform with a workflow automation engine, monitoring service, and multi-cloud broker capabilities.
Citrix Smart Tools includes the following services and features:
- Smart Build: Provides the ability to define an application deployment, its operations, and the conditions for monitoring, scaling, failover, failback, and teardown.
- Smart Check: Performs regularly scheduled health checks on XenApp and XenDesktop Sites to keep you abreast of potential issues affecting your Site before they impact users.
- Smart Scale: Control costs while keeping applications and desktops available for your users with usage and schedule based scaling.
- Smart Migrate: Simplifies migration of application and policy data from your XenApp 6.x farm or VDI-in-a-Box 5.4 grid to the latest version of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x. Smart Tools can help you automate your migration or provide scripts you can run within your own migration processes.
- Manage: Provides tools to monitor the health, performance, and availability of servers and applications running on the supported platforms. You can define monitoring conditions for a deployment when you design blueprints.
- Blueprint Catalog: A central repository for application blueprints that can be accessed by all Smart Tools account users. From the Blueprint Catalog, you can add blueprints to your library and deploy them to your machines.
- REST API: Smart Tools functions are accessible through REST APIs. For more information on supported REST APIs, see the REST API section.
Request support and submit feedback
You can learn more about Citrix Cloud and Smart Tools, request help from Citrix Support, and submit feedback using these resources.
Smart Tools support
To request help with Smart Tools, visit the Smart Tools support forum at http://discussions.citrix.com/forum/1565-smart-tools/ and create a new discussion with details about the issue you are experiencing.
Note: You will need your Citrix login ID to create and contribute to discussions. If you do not have a Citrix login ID, you can create one at https://www.citrix.com/welcome/create-account.html.
If you need additional help with a specific blueprint, consult CTX201889, Smart Tools Blueprint Support, for more information about the available Citrix resources for resolving your issue.
Smart Tools documentation
Within Smart Tools, click Help > Documentation in the menu bar to view the Smart Tools Product Documentation web site in your web browser.
To send feedback about the documentation, visit the Smart Tools support forum at http://discussions.citrix.com/forum/1565-smart-tools/. You can then create a discussion to share your feedback with the Smart Tools team.
Citrix Cloud Help