The Operations tab lets you to add and manage scripts (tasks) that run on a schedule. This may include system management tasks that run at a specific time or on a recurring basis, such as backups, patching, security checks, log rotations, restarts, and so on.
Tasks such as running scripts or blueprints are launched from the Library, while other tasks, such as scheduling are launched using the Operations tab under Manage. You can use the Operations tab to check task status, view task run history and output, edit and delete tasks, cancel or modify recurring tasks, and relaunch them with modified run specifications.
View operational tasks
The Operations tab lets you check the status of all operational tasks running on your system. It displays a list of operational scripts launched, and provides information about each task, including task name, status, schedule, and run history.
The following table lists various operational task statuses and their descriptions:
Specifes that a task is in progress. The task may be currently running or yet to run on a specified time
Specifies that a task is paused using the Pause Job option
Specifies that a task is cancelled using the Cancel Job option
Specifies that a task is finished and completed all the scheduled runs
To view operational tasks:
- From the Deployments page, move the pointer over the deployment you want to view operational tasks and click Details.
- Click the Operations tab. A list of operational tasks is displayed. You can view information such as operational task name, status, run schedule, and so on.
- To view the run history for a specific task, click the name of the task. All the run instances are displayed with status and time.
- Click the specific task run instance to view deployment details. To view deployment steps in detail, click Get Deployment Report.
Configure or modify operational tasks
You can configure operations to add, edit, and manage scripts (tasks) that run on a schedule. You can use this feature to configure operations, if the deployed blueprint does not have operational tasks configured for a specific deployment or to modify already existing operational tasks. For more information on how to configure operational tasks while you create or edit a blueprint, see the Design and create a blueprint topic.
To configure operations:
- From the Deployments page, move the pointer over the deployment you want to configure operational tasks and click Details.
- Click the Operations tab.
- Move the pointer below the Operations tab and click Configure. The deployed blueprint opens in the Edit mode. The Operations tab is active and other tabs are inactive.
- Click Add Task.
- Create a schedule for the operational task to run. You can set up repeat intervals and number of occurrences to run, before the operational task ends.
- Drag and drop scripts or steps from the library to build an operational task. You cannot drag and drop a blueprint to an operational task. You need to add atleast one step for a scheduled operational task.
- Click Save to save the operational task. The configured operational task is displayed with details such as operational task name, status, run schedule, and so on.
- (Optional) To pause a running task, click Pause Job. To run the task after a pause, click Resume Job. To cancel a running task, click Cancel Job.
You can also use the above configuration steps to edit or modify operational tasks associated with a deployed blueprint.