- To add a site
XenApp and XenDesktop Sites are displayed in Smart Check using the following methods:
- Smart Check discovers the Site.
- The Site is registered with Smart Check by installing the Smart Tools Site Agent on at least one Delivery Controller.
For more information about the Smart Tools Site Agent, see About agents in Smart Tools.
When you click the Smart Check menu tab to display the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page, Smart Check automatically discovers and displays the following Sites:
- Sites that use Call Home or have Citrix Scout diagnostics uploads associated with your Citrix ID with which you log on to Smart Tools.
- Sites that were previously added to Smart Scale.
- Sites that were deployed using a Smart Tools blueprint.
You can initiate discovery at any time by refreshing your browser.
Note: For Sites that are discovered through Call Home or Citrix Scout, Smart Check discovers and displays issues and updates only for the Delivery Groups and Machine Catalogs in the Site. Delivery Groups in these Sites are not discovered.
Smart Tools Site Agent and Smart Check
To experience all the features of Smart Check, the Smart Tools Site Agent must be installed on at least one Delivery Controller in your Site. With the agent installed, your Site is registered with both Smart Check and Smart Scale. The agent enables Smart Check to perform the full range of health checks on the Delivery Controllers, Machine Catalogs, and Delivery Groups in your Site and allows you to schedule health checks at suitable intervals. Without the agent, Smart Check can only perform health checks on your Site at the default daily interval that was assigned when Smart Check discovered your Site.
You need to install the agent if one of the following applies:
- Your Site uses Call Home or Citrix Scout.
- Your Site was deployed with a Smart Tools blueprint that does not automatically install the Site Agent on Delivery Controllers during blueprint deployment. This includes the XenApp and XenDesktop with SQL blueprint, the XenApp and XenDesktop without SQL blueprint, and any custom blueprints that do not include the Register Site built-in step.
You don't need to install the Site Agent if one of the following applies:
- You previously added your Site to Smart Scale. The Site Agent is already installed on your Site, so there is no need to add it again.
- You used a Citrix Solutions Proof of Concept blueprint to deploy your Site. The Simple XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept and XenApp and XenDesktop Proof of Concept blueprints each install the Site Agent on the Delivery Controllers in the Site, so your Site is registered with Smart Check and Smart Scale automatically.
Before you add your Site to Smart Check, verify the following requirements are met:
- Delivery Controllers support PowerShell 3.0, at a minimum.
- The Smart Tools Agent is uninstalled from the Delivery Controllers in your Site.
Uninstall the Smart Tools Agent
Before you install the Site Agent, you must first uninstall the Smart Tools Agent from the Delivery Controllers in your Site if any of the following applies:
- You deployed your Site with a custom blueprint that does not include the Register Site built-in step.
- You deployed your Site with the XenApp and XenDesktop with SQL blueprint or the XenApp and XenDesktop without SQL blueprint.
During deployment of these blueprints, Smart Tools installed the Smart Tools Agent on the machines in your Site, including the Delivery Controllers. Because this agent conflicts with the Site Agent that Smart Check needs to coordinate health checking activities, you need to uninstall it only from the Delivery Controllers. You don't need to uninstall it from the other machines in your Site.
For instructions for uninstalling the Smart Tools Agent, see Remove the agent.
To add a Site
- Log on to a Delivery Controller in your XenApp and XenDesktop Site.
Note: If you log on as a domain user that does not belong to the Domain Admins group, Windows might prompt you for administrator credentials during agent installation. Windows requests these credentials if your account does not have sufficient permission to install the agent. Smart Tools does not store or transmit these credentials.
- Open a web browser and log on to the Smart Tools web site.
- From the menu bar, click Smart Check.
- Click Add Site. The Add Site wizard appears.
- Click Download Agent and then run the CitrixLifecycleManagementAgent.exe file. Follow the wizard to install the agent. After installation, the agent registers the Delivery Controller with Smart Tools, which can take a few minutes to complete. After registering successfully, the Add Site page displays a green check mark indicating successful installation. Click Next.
- Enter the username (in domain\username format) and password for the Site's Full Administrator account and then click Add Site.
When you add your Site, Smart Check displays your Site on the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page. To initiate health checks right away, click Get Started. After a few minutes, Smart Check discovers the components in your Site, detects the master images associated with the Machine Catalogs in your Site, performs an initial round of health checks, and looks for applicable updates. When the analysis is finished, Smart Check displays the number of any issues and updates found. Smart Check also sends you email notifications for each health check performed with the results.
To view your Site's health report after the initial check run, click View Report.
To install the Smart Tools Site Agent on additional Delivery Controllers in your Site
Citrix recommends installing the Site Agent on all the Delivery Controllers in your Site. This ensures Smart Tools can always perform Smart Check functions in the event the active Site Agent becomes unavailable.
- From the XenApp and XenDesktop Sites page, locate the Site you want to manage and click View Site.
- Click the Site Details tab and then locate the Delivery Controller where you want to install the agent.
- Click Install Agent. Smart Tools installs the agent on the selected Delivery Controller.
When the agent registers with Smart Check, you receive an email notification. On the Site Details page, the Delivery Controller displays "Online" for the agent status. Additionally, the Delivery Controller displays "Available" to indicate the agent is available to be the active agent if the currently active agent is offline.