With the Smart Tools Site Agent installed on your XenApp and XenDesktop Site, Smart Check can perform a wide variety of health checks that gauge the health and availability of the Delivery Controllers and VDAs in your Site, as well as the applications and desktops that you deliver to users.
The health checks that Smart Check performs are categorized as follows:
Site Health Checks
Site Health Checks consist of the checks included in the Environment Test Service in XenApp and XenDesktop, which provide a comprehensive evaluation of all the FMA services in your Site. In addition to checking the availability of these services, these checks also look for other health indicators such as database connectivity.
Smart Tools runs these checks on Delivery Controllers only. Depending on the size of your Site, these checks can take a few minutes to an hour to perform. Citrix recommends you run these checks at least once daily.
When Site Health Checks are scheduled to run, Smart Check runs the following checks:
- CDF tracing is enabled.
- Database updates (XDUs) have been applied.
- Database version matches the expected version.
- Feature names are valid.
- Windows Firewall rules are enabled.
- Host connection is not in maintenance mode.
- HTTP/HTTPS namespace reservation exists.
- Read Committed Snapshot is enabled.
- Service registration is in completed state.
- SQL Server version and service-pack level checked.
- Stored Configuration service instances are valid and up-to-date.
- Citrix administrators have rights assigned.
- Citrix administrators are included in Domain Users group.
- The license server information matches the information in the Configuration Service.
- The selected account for machine creation is valid.
- Citrix Monitor service can access the Monitoring database.
- Citrix Monitor service data processing has started and is running smoothly.
- Citrix Monitor service data querying module has started.
- Citrix Monitor service is using the correct settings for analyzing and removing unnecessary data.
- Citrix Monitor service is using the correct settings for grooming the data.
- Citrix Monitor service is using the correct settings for the consolidating data.
- Monitoring data collection has started.
- Database schema matches the expected schema.
- A hypervisor connection can be established.
- Hypervisor infrastructure has been verified.
- Hypervisor networks have been verified.
- Hypervisor storage locations have been verified.
- An Organization Unit in the AD identity pool exists.
- The AD identity pool, as configured, is suitable for provisioning accounts.
- The AD identity pool is unlocked.
- A recent database backup exists.
- The licensed product edition supports Configuration Logging.
- The Configuration Logging database is connected.
- Configuration Logging machine SID resolution is successful.
- The virtual machine has disks attached.
- Connectivity to core XenDesktop services is established.
- Connectivity to peer database instances is established.
- File-based logging permissions are enabled and sufficient disk space is available.
- A XenDesktop service account exists.
- A XenDesktop service account is available in the AD Identity Service.
- The Site database can be reached.
- The next account generated by the AD identity pool does not exist already.
- The service instance is registered with the Configuration Service.
Note: Smart Check executes all of these checks when Site Health Checks are run on-demand or scheduled to run at a later time. You cannot disable individual checks.
If any of the checks return a negative result, Smart Check displays an alert for the affected components, recommends a fix to resolve the issue, and provides links to other Citrix resources so you can learn more about the issue and its resolution.
Apps and Desktops Checks
Apps and Desktops Checks verify the availability of all the Delivery Groups in your Site to ensure they are capable of delivering applications and desktops to your users. These checks do not evaluate the availability of specific applications or desktops.
If the checks return a negative result, Smart Check displays an alert for the affected delivery group so you can address the issue.
Update Checks evaluate the patch level of the Delivery Controllers and VDAs in your Site, recommend applicable hotfixes, and provide links to other Citrix resources so you can learn more about the update.